How to become a celebrity stylist

  Olori Swank never intended to go into fashion -- not initially at least. As a child, her burning ambition was to be a neurosurgeon."From the age of two, I used to tell everybody, 'I'm going to be a doctor,'" she recalls. "Somewhere along the way, after (college) graduation, I derailed from that."Most likely, it was a savvy career move. Today, Swank has a roster of celebrity clients including comedian-cum-rapper-cum-actor Donald Glover (aka, Childish Gambino).

  "He's the client I'm most excited about right now... (because) he's like having four clients in one," Swank crows."He's doing all these different fields of entertainment, and he's killing it all. I can dress him for a concert today and tomorrow be dressing him for Conan."The fashion equation"I approach styling the same way I used to approach a math problem or science experiment," Swank says.

  She studies her clients' features, personality and profession and researches the looks that fit all three."I also like to dress them in items that are functional, so I need to know what they'll be doing in these clothes."No easy rides

Swank says that the most important thing for anyone interested in switching careers -- particularly for any budding stylists -- is to understand is that it's not an easy process."If it was easy, everyone would do it. I think the second you realize that it's not supposed to be easy, it helps you.

  It will give you the longevity you need to run the race and not give up when things get hard."I think a lot of people feel like your passion is just supposed to come to you.

  But honestly, nothing worth having is easy. You just have to jump out the window and build your wings on the way down.

About Author Mohamed Abu 'l-Gharaniq

when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Start typing and press Enter to search

Career Celebrity Education Entertainment Football Inspired Music Network News Novels Sport Sports Stories Today in history twitter Updates